Care and cleaning instructions for Nikki Lissoni jewellery
All Nikki Lissoni jewellery will last longer and continue to look as beautiful as it is now if it is looked after well. Please read the below tips on how to best maintain your Nikki Lissoni jewelry:
- Protect your jewellery from scratches, sharp blows, chemicals, extreme temperatures and sunlight.
- Remove your jewels when doing household tasks such as gardening, cleaning and also remove when playing sport.
- Apply make-up and hair spray before putting your jewellery on, as make-up and hair spray contain chemicals that may damage Jewellery.
- Do not wear your jewellery while in a pool, the sea, hot tub or bathing. Salt water, chlorine in swimming pools, soap, perfumes, personal products, including toothpaste plus perspiration take their toll on jewellery.
- Do not leave your jewellery on the bathroom or kitchen bench as the jewellery is at risk of sitting in water.
Caring for plated jewellery
On all Nikki Lissoni jewellery we make use of a coating that will not only protect your jewellery against small damages but will protect it against tarnishing too. Nevertheless plated pieces are delicate jewellery items. The best way to care and clean silver, gold or rose gold plated jewellery is to wipe lightly your plated piece with a soft cotton cloth to remove surface dirt or dust. Avoid using abrasive polishing cloths as they may remove too much of the protective coating and eventually also of the silver, gold or rose gold surface. It's especially important to protect your gold plated jewellery from getting scratched by storing each piece separately.